Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rain, Rain, Any Day

It’s raining; the weather is going the whole two bits with lighting flashing in the sky and thunder booming.  Scholars say that weather like this will make you depressed, but I can’t stop laughing.

I’m listening to one of Ambling Book’s audiobooks right now.  The tale of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain continues:

She told me all about the bad place, and I said I wished I was there. She got mad then, but I didn't mean no harm.  All I wanted was to go somewheres; all I wanted was a change, I warn't particular.  She said it was wicked to say what I said; said she wouldn't say it for the whole world; she was going to live so as to go to the good place.  Well, I couldn't see no advantage in going where she was going, so I made up my mind I wouldn't try for it.  But I never said so, because it would only make trouble, and wouldn't do no good.

Spend an enjoyable night sitting around the living room with friends and family listening to a good book, or chuckling to yourself as you commute to work. 

AmblingBooks.com provides hundreds of delightful comedies, ranging from Eleanor H. Porter’s novel “Pollyanna” to Chris Ewan’s delightful tale “The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam.”  A good audiobook will make the difference between a drab early morning and a day that starts off good and just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment